Their goal is to make private markets available to everyone. For them, this means developing technology that will assist startup entrepreneurs in raising capital and making it possible for anyone to invest in these businesses.
On Netcapital, potential investors can view the profiles of multiple companies seeking funding and choose which ones to invest in. However, supporting a company financially is not the only way members of the Netcapital community can help - feedback, questions, and networking connections are also extremely valuable. To join Netcapital, sign up and then log in on Netcapital.
-You can invest as little as $100 in a company
-The process is simple and streamlined
-The fees are relatively low
-Some of the companies may not be viable in the long term
-There is a limited number of companies to choose from
Is Netcapital for me?
If you are looking for a simple way to invest in early-stage companies, then Netcapital may be a good fit for you. However, if you are looking for a more diverse range of investments, then you may want to consider other options.
How to invest on Netcapital
Before investing in a company listed on Netcapital, you must set up an account and visit the company's offering page. The process is as follows:
1. Visit netcapital.com and sign up for an account. Every would-be investor must create/verify an account before being allowed to invest.
2. After creating your login credentials, go to your Dashboard and fill out your information under Settings.
3. To begin, find a company you want to invest in by exploring Netcapital's companies page.
4. If a company is seeking funds, they will have an offering listed. Once you click on the name of the company that interests you, it will take you to their "Offering Page." There, you can learn more about them and the terms of investment.
5. To invest, simply click the "Invest" button and follow the checkout process. You will receive confirmation of your investment via email, as well as a notification when your shares have been issued.
What kind of investment opportunities does Netcapital offer?
Netcapital offers a wide variety of investment opportunities, including equity and debt financing. - Netcapital provides access to detailed company information, allowing investors to make informed investment decisions. - Netcapital has a user-friendly platform that makes it easy to navigate and find investment opportunities. Netcapital Cons: - Netcapital charges fees for both investing and withdrawing funds from your account. - Netcapital does not guarantee any returns on investments made through the platform. There is a risk of losing all of your investment if the company you invest in fails
Netcapital success stories
The companies listed on Netcapital are private, early-stage companies that are looking to raise funds with help from investors.
Netcapital has a variety of pre-IPO companies with dissimilar objectives, products, and services seeking investment. The investor ecosystem on Netcapital has contributed millions to private enterprises across countless industries, including healthcare, biotechnology, artificial intelligence, and entertainment.
Before investing in a company via Netcapital, each potential investor must first evaluate if the company is worth their investment. Only after a rigid compliance process that requires approval from Netcapital's dedicated compliance team can a company raise money on our site. Even then, it's imperative that every investor conducts their own due diligence including reading Netcapital's section discussing the risks associated with private companies.
GenesisAI raised on Netcapital multiple times and is currently conducting a Regulation CF funding round in case you want to invest in AI. It is a great success story as GenesisAI raised over $4M on Netcapital.
GenesisAI is a startup that allows companies to buy or sell AI products and services. Their marketplace offers a wide range of AI services, including data labeling, object detection, and facial recognition.
GenesisAI has raised a total of $5 million from investors such as CFV Ventures, Startfast and more.
You can invest in GenesisAI on Netcapital. They have a notable advisor on their team: professors from Harvard and MIT. GenesisAI's CEO Archil Cheishvili is a serial AI entrepreneur.
What happens after you invest
Netcapital provides a platform that connects investors with companies, but they also want to see those companies succeed. That's why Netcapital encourages regular communication between the two groups. While it is ultimately the responsibility of the company to keep its investors up-to-date and in touch, via email or discussion board on their offering page, Netcapital offers suggestions and helpful tips for maintaining a good relationship. These include posting updates regularly in the designated section of their offering page or sending confidential updates directly to shareholders by email.
Limitations and risks
Before investing, make sure that you understand the risks involved. Investing in an early-stage company is a risky proposition, and you should only invest money that you can afford to lose. Additionally, there are limits on how much money you can invest in any 12-month period when considering all Crowdfunding offerings – not just those made through Netcapital. The investment limits are as follows:
- If your annual income or net worth is $44,000 or less, you may invest up to $2,200.
- If your annual income or net worth is greater than $44,000 but less than $107,000, you may invest up to 5% of whichever (your annual income or your net worth) is greater.
When deciding whether or not to invest, you must use your judgment of the company and the investment details. This website has not been recommended by any government securities commission or regulatory authority. Furthermore, these authorities have not checked this website for accuracy.
In addition, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission does not evaluate the security merits offered or offering terms, nor does it examine the accuracy or completeness of any offer document or literature. Exemption from registration is granted for securities on this web site; however, an independent determination by the U.SSecurities and Exchange Commission that these securities are exempt has not been made..
- Wefunder is an equity crowdfunding platform that connects accredited and non-accredited investors with startups seeking funding.
- SeedInvest: SeedInvest is a crowdfunding platform that helps startup companies raise capital from both accredited and non-accredited investors.
- Republic: Republic is a crowdfunding platform for investing in startups and blockchain projects.
- Kickstarter: Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform focused on creative projects, such as art, music, film, games, and design.
- Indiegogo: Indiegogo is a crowdfunding platform for a variety of projects, including business ventures, social causes, and personal needs.
GoFundMe: GoFundMe is a personal fundraising platform
Netcapital's latest news
Netcapital is a great crowdfunding platform for startup companies. It has a variety of pros, including the ability to connect with accredited and non-accredited investors, as well as a wide range of industries. However, it is important to note that Netcapital does not guarantee any returns on investments made through the platform. There is a risk of losing all of the investments. If you would like to invest in AI on Netcapital, GenesisAI might be a good fit.
Disclaimer: no financial advice was given. Consult your own financial advisor before making an investment decision. Startup investing might result in a full loss of the investment.